Monday, September 19, 2016

SCRAP THE BOYS SEPTEMBER.. and Coolum..

Hello there!
 I havent fallen off the earth if you have missed me, I had a little holiday at the beach last week.. We had a lovely time at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast. My parents came with us and for the first time ever we took our dogs. It was wonderful to take our pooches for a walk along the beach each afternoon, good for them, and good for me too to get some exercise.. the beach is a dog friendly one and it is doggie heaven! and so good to watch the dogs and owners play on the beach together..


This is when we first arrived after travelling for more then 3 hours with one stop on the way..

And that is my DD with our dogs, we were not sure about letting them off the leash, they were quite happy to be on the lead with us..  They loved the water but had to get used to not drinking it!!!

So that was us last week, home now and trying to catch up with the washing and all that doesn't get done while we were away!!

I did create a layout for the SCRAP THE BOYS CHALLENGE SEPTEMBER before we went on holidays so I had better put it in a blog post before this week disappears quickly too!
 

It is to create a layout with you and a male in it.. I chose to use a photo of my son and I.  I came across this quote too, not sure now where I got it from but I thought it was a good one to use on my layout...

Some closer views.

Lots of stencilling chipboard and dies..


My Son.
I love that quote.. and no matter how old my son gets, he will always be my little boy (in my heart cos he is taller than me now!!!)

Thanks for coming by, the days just seem to get busier. Thanks so much for the lovely comments you take the time to leave me too.. Have a great day!



Image result for quotes on sons and mothers

20 comments:

  1. Welcome back Lizzy .. did wonder where you went off to. Sounds like you had a great time!! This page is totally awesome!! I love the colours and the background is fabulous .. so much detail to look at. Brilliant quotes too .. totally true and I love them all. Absolutely stunning as always. Have a fabulous rest of the week and make sure you take a little crafty break every once in a while in between that .. ughh!! .. housework!! LOL!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've had a wonderful time. The beach photos are so beautiful!
    I also simply adore your gorgeous masculine lay-out. All the gears are just the perfect finishing touch on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very wonderful vacation for everyone, Lizzy! Your layout is fantastic. I always love the addition of gears on a masculine layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your vacation photos! Sounds like a wonderful time! And love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and all the gears!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have a break by the side. Nothing quite like it to refresh and revive. Love the way you got your grunge on, with your boy's page. The background texture works so well with the cogs and the hessian. Inspirational :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you had such a good break....that photo of your girl with the dogs is a beauty.... & you look sooo happy and relaxed! I ADORE your boy LO. For me, it's a sure fire winner....it's the mix of blue and brown and the texture and the focus on the photo. I reckon it comes together a treat. And that quote. Oh! HOW TRUE that it :):):) Hope your week's going well and you've caught up on the housework..... I'm still busy making up kits. Almost READY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky you are to have a holiday. I love your dogs, we have a beautiful Jack Russell as well!
    Your layout with all that gorgeous chipboard looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I love that last quote and photo! Melts my heart! and wow! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous. Your take on the challenge is perfect in every way, Lizzy! And yes, I did miss you. Glad you had a wonderful vacation and happy to have you back, too! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good break last week and I am sure your doggies were in 7th heaven.
    Love this male page....the cogs and grungy elements are great. Super photo of you and your boy too....and that quote at the end....so very true and really touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic male LO Lizzy,love it all! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous page Lizzy, love the colours and details on this one! Looks like you had a great time away! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is a stunning layout Lizzy, love all the cogs and the manly feel to it! Looks like you had a lovely holiday, I love the Sunshine Coast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally amazing layout in every way.....just wow. Love your photo too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all those dies....great page, fabulous textures! Looks like the weather was fabulous for your week away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like getting to spend some time by the sea, good for the soul, and how nice to take your fur babies. The photo of your DD with the dogs on the beach is lovely. Your boys page of you and your son is fabulous, so much goodness to look at, love it Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG...your layout rocket the challenge by Scrap The Boys !!..Your paper- embellishments- colour is fabulous and your quote is so wonderful !!..But my fav on this fantastic layout is the photo with your boy !! I love that !! Thank you so much for joining us at STB..Have a nice crafty day..Hugs Heike

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice base: very masculine. Super :) And excellent details :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wham! What a knockout. This is awesome. Love love love this masculine layout and my favorite....cogs. You do know I just love your work Lizzy xxx Thank you for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wham! What a knockout. This is awesome. Love love love this masculine layout and my favorite....cogs. You do know I just love your work Lizzy xxx Thank you for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you enjoyed your time away. Your layout is just stunning, so many little details. Thanks for joining us this month at STB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!