Thursday, May 01, 2014

Scrap The Girls May

Hello, a  pinch and punch for another new month!! May!!

The SCRAP THE GIRLS MAY challenge is one you are gunna want to do!! The prize is a fantastic pack from Imaginarium Designs Chipboard worth $50.00 WOW!!!

The challenge is to be inspired by this quote..

" Something old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue"

Of course I went with a Wedding photo, because that quote is often used for the Bride as she is getting ready.. but I also used the quote for the things on my layout..
Something old - the resin heart that was sent to me by a dear friend who made them. I have had this for many years and now I have used it.. The something new are the papers, the something "borrowed" are the beautiful IM chipboard pieces that were sent to the design team to use.. I have used 5 pieces, the mannequin which I dressed in white lace, the branches, the clock face, the butterflies and the corners which were a frame that I cut into 4 and used as corner pieces.. and the something blue are the colors I have used..

and some closer views first..

 

 
 And that young Bride in the photo of course is me...over 31 years ago!!

Thanks for coming by and thank you too for your comments.. I hope you can find time to join in with Scrap the Girls this month!
 

25 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! Look at you! what a wonderful photograph and perfect for that criteria Lizzy! And you little dress form....weeeeelll I LOVE that! All gorgeous in detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!! And I love the hearts tucked in....very clever LO on the 'saying' that has to be used......adorable:):) And YUP a new month...hope it doesn't go quite as quick as April:):)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful LO. I think its wonderful that you incorporated so many beautiful elements into your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy May, Lizzy! Your layout is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page. So much detail! You were a beautiful bride Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is amazing! Your lay-out is so romantic and beautiful! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spot one of my favourite dies in the layout. :o) The photo really shows your exuberance on that day! In it, you look like a very happy bride, Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful bride :) I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lizzy love the photo and you've showcased it so well, the papers are yummy and your resin heart - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work Lizzy! Amazing layering & detail, especially the way you dressed the chippie dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Lizzy. Love your take on the inspiration. The little dress you made is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely stunning Lizzy! and you were a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just so beautiful! I love the photo - wonderful that you scrapped it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Lizzy, love the title and how you have used something borrowed ect in your layout. That is a great pic to scrap, love it
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful, Lizzy! I love everything about your amazing layout - the photo of YOU, the way you used the quote, and how you used things on your page to go with the quote! Everything is simply gorgeous and so very creative! And thank you for always leaving the nicest comments at my blog, too. Happy May, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. swoon !!!! so softly stunning and heavenly xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous bride and LO,beautiful work Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome work!!! You were a stunning bride! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzers this is amazing! Such a gorgeous design! And I love your photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a gorgeous page Lizzy!! Love the soft blue colors, and of course a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lizzy, you have using this inspiration quote so beautifully!! Your layering and flowers are just gorgeous and what a lovely photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous page full of so many beautiful details and layers Lizzy and what a beautiful bride you were

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow. How gorgeous is this! The beautiful mix of patterns and layers. And that is one lovely photo of the bride! Glad you are scrapping the wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a pretty page! lovely tones and so many details!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning Bride and a stunning page too!! Beautiful colour mix and fabulous layering!! So many beautiful details to find and admire!! Love this Lizzy!! Divine!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!