Saturday, June 04, 2016

123 CHALLENGE BLOG jUNE.. and Guest Designer for CSI Case File 202..

Hello there,
It is a cool wet Saturday here, I have a lamb roast in the oven and I thought I had better put up some design team layouts I have created for this month..

The challenge for the 123 CHALLENGE BLOG is a fabulous one.. I really had fun with this one.. and it is..
To use the color Lilac, the word DRAMA and have some doodling on your layout..

After wondering what photo to use, I decided to see if I could find a quote first, and I found a fantastic quote and then I just knew what photo I was going to use!!

Some closer views.


 I have used a stamp for my doodling..The black flourishes are gorgeous Scrapmatts chipboards.



The only drama that I enjoy is in my lashes!!
Those wonderful eyes belong to one of my daughters!! You can see the rest of the design team layouts for more inspiration HERE!!!


And the SCRAPMATTS DESIGN TEAM are Guest Designers this month for CSI Case Files and so the first one for the month has gone up.

 If you have never played along before it really is quite easy to follow. You need to use the colors, at least 3 clues/evidence, and at least one testimony. And this week there is a sketch for your inspiration too.. You can check out the many wonderful design team inspiration over at the CSI SITE HERE!!! Debbi puts so much work into each case file it really is worth a look to check it out!!

So for my layout I have followed the sketch, and used all the colors.
For the evidence I have used a white back ground, grid pattern (stamp), diamonds (stamp Chipboard), hearts, stamps, border punch and enamel dots.
For the testimony I have used the New York Times article prompt 47 - what role do pets play in your family?
And my layout..
Some closer views..


 All the chipboard pieces and stencils are from SCRAPMATTS!


Cherish Memories..
My journalling reads..
Our pets are not just animals, they are part of our family. They are part of our daily activities, When we lose a pet, we lose a part of our family. .. ..  

I created this layout a few weeks ago, and sadly last monday we had to say good bye to Bess, our horse..We lost Lucy our Fox Terrier in August last year.. So we really do cherish the memories and photos even more now.

So thank you for coming by today and also for checking out my layouts.. I do appreciate each one of you and the lovely comments you leave me too..

I will close this post with a photo of Bess and I that I put on facebook...

Bye Bess....


12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pages with so many wonderful details. I love the doodling on the first one and the doilies on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful photo of you with Bess..... & I just saw your LO up at CSI this morning and thought how gorgeous it was. In fact, I was so inspired I've almost finished mine today! So thank you:) As for the PURPLE challenge....well, now I'm 'over' the fear I should put it on the list, too....but I don't have a girl with dramatic eyes to scrap!!! LOL!!!! She looks stunning. So matches the page:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous pages Lizzy. Love the drama with the purple and your gorgeous daughter's eyes. The fussy cut flowers and leaves are perfect. I'm sorry to hear about your darling Bess. Our friends leave such a hole in our heart when they are no longer part of the family. Lovely to see a photo of you with her and to see her celebrated with a page of her own. The chain circles are just right to frame your photos. Inspirational work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loveeeeeeeeee your pages! The colors and textures are just AMAZING!!!! And so sorry to hear about Bess ... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy, these layouts are fabulous! I love both of them. So very pretty! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pets. I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly Lizzy I am sorry of your loss of Bess, such a beautiful photo to remember her by. Your first layout is my new fave, it is just so stunning and dramatic and yet so soft and pretty, just amazing and the second layout so beautiful.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love both of these pages Lizzy, so much gorgeous texture, layers and details on each!! Again I am very sorry for your loss, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our animals become a special part of our lifes and we miss them so when they are gone. what gorgeous pages you have created. The close up eye photo of your daughter is just amazing and you've created a perfect backdrop for it!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout for 123 is just so dramatic Lizzy, good on you for doing it, I'm afraid of this challenge, lol.
    A gorgeous layout you have created for CSI, a lovely memory of your pets. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lizzy - these are fabulous! The one for the first challenge was always going to be great cos you love lilac! I lvoe that photo of you at the end too - it looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is lovely that you have great photos, great memories to keep forever, great page and details, I want to thank you for always commenting on my blog, thanks and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pages Lizzy.....love the sentiment on the first layout "perfect"! The background design on the second looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!