Thursday, October 21, 2010

S.O.D. C.C. October

No this is not some code you have to work out!! it is just short for Scrap of Difference Cyber Challenge!!
i have been on this site for quite a while now and they have a monthly challenge on the third weekend of each month. the theme for the last one was 'water'.. there is a sketch, a color and a technique challenge..the theme usually gets me wondering... what do i do?? but somehow i create something....and here are my layouts... first the sketch.. i pretty much followed the sketch (it was a page maps one) .. the technique was one i re-created from play group days! dish washing liquid, food coloring and water put in a dish and then air is blown into the mixture with a straw to make bubbles and then the paper is put on top of the bubbles and the pattern is formed on the paper! so much fun! the only thing was the backing paper was quite smooth and i needed lots of glue to keep everything stuck on.. and the color layout had to use the colors brown/kraft blue and yellow (but i used a butter yellow) all photos follow the theme of water!! thanks for popping in.. and thanks for any comments!!

4 comments:

  1. goodness me Lizzy that first one is just spectacular, I love it, and those other two just so pretty, I just love all your little details

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them..beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages. Thanks for popping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy, Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. Oh my goodness, you have some BEAUTIFUL layouts!! I especially love "The Eyes are a Window to the Soul". Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!