I trust you are having a great day!
The card sketch for FEELING SKETCHY #118 is another lovely one. I received some wonderful news a couple of weeks ago that my Nephew and his Wife were expecting their first child later this year.. So I thought I would make a little card to congratulate them... and the sketch..
and my card.. not knowing if this little one will be a boy or a girl I made the card in neutral colors..
And I am a guest Detective over at .C.S.I. Case File #160 which closes on Thursday April 30. I had never created a layout for this challenge before and when I was asked I was a bit worried about following all the details.. but once I understood how the challenge works, my layout came together quite well..
THE SCHEME - USE ALL 5 COLORS
- Cabana - pale sage green - 228.233.229
- Tropical Waters - minty green with a touch of blue - 182.223.207
- Palm Fronds - dark teal green - 137.164.159
- White Sands - bright white - 255.255.255
- Seaweed Forest - dark, dark seaweed green - 64.69.43
- map print
- globe/travel images
- textured paper
- something transparent
- resin accents
- decorative borders
- Topic: Journal about a trip.
- Prompt Idea: Travel Journal prompts
- Presentation: Journal in three spots.
- Writing Format: April is National Poetry Month. Write a 3-line poem, like a haiku.
- Inspiration Words: inspiration, fabulous, purpose -- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title.
For my layout I used the sketch for inspiration and I have used the colors. I have used travel images, textured paper, frames, flowers, something transparent, decorative borders, chevrons, rub-ons and stamps, from the Evidence.. and from the Testimony I have journalled about a trip I took up the coast to visit my Daughter, and I have used the word fabulous in my journalling..
some close ups.
Days like these..