Saturday, November 20, 2021

More Than Words - November Challenge

 Hello there, 

How are things with you.. I sure hope you are doing ok.. 

I am just popping up my Art Journal Pages for the November challenge over at MORE THAN WORDS which is 

 

To use the mood board and be inspired by the word GRATITUDE. When I think of Gratitude I think of being thankful..  being grateful for what I have.. so I have used a quote on my pages.. I have used some images from an old calendar, which I fussy cut and glued on my pages... but first... I have a few steps to share with you about how I created my pages..

I started with cutting out random sized squares from papers with the colors from the mood board which I glued on the pages and then I did a gesso wash (gesso and water) and left that to dry..I then used mists to add some colors..  I added some more gesso around the page with my finger until I was happy with how it looked..


Sorry about the photos, the pages are warped from using liquids..  I then did some stamping using a few different stamps.. and added some washi tape.

 

and then I glued on my images and the quote on the pages.

 



I used a water color pencil with a fine paint brush and added some black around the birds and the leaves for some definition. 

and my pages..


So much to be thankful for.

Yes I do... even when things are hard, I can still be thankful.. there are always blessings to count.. 

Thank you More Than Words for another great challenge to get me creating in my Art Journal Book.. 

Thank you too for your visit and any comments.. I appreciate you..

Do take care..  until next time..




 



2 comments:

  1. Lizzy, you definitely have a knack for art journaling! Your project is absolutely beautiful! I love the way you used the colors of the MTW mood board to create your gorgeous page. And I agree, even when things are hard, it's best to look at the things you are grateful for!!! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month. And I cannot thank you enough for always checking out my blog and leaving wonderful comments there. I am grateful for a friend like you! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. LOVE that background texture. You are a natural at art journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!