Sunday, June 27, 2021

MORE THAN WORDS - June Challenge.. Hero and Paint

 Hello there,

How are things with you? I hope things are ok.. It sounds like the virus is getting around again, so I hope we all can stay safe.

I have been slowly creating a layout for this months challenge over at MORE THAN WORDS Challenge   which inspired me.. and it is..


The word is Hero and the technique is paint.. Well I had lots of inspiration for the word Hero, but I settled on a photo of my Grandie standing along a wall of remembrance at the War Memorial in Canberra..  To me there is no greater hero than one who gives their life for another, so all those people whose names are on that wall are hero's in my eyes..  and I have used some gold paint on the back ground as well as red paint on my chipboard title..

sooo some closer views first..


I did some stencilling on the back ground before applying some watered down gold paint and then did some stamping..


I used red paint on the chipboard title..  to match the poppies on the wall..



 

Lots of fussy cut poppies from the Old Prima papers I have had for years and lots of die cut flourishes.


Remember                                                                                                                                               




Thanks More Than Words for a great challenge that got me scrapping this photo.. 
Thanks for coming by today and thanks for the lovely comments you leave me too..
take care... until next time....







8 comments:

  1. Amazing! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love the pop of red. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, love the touch of gold on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing layout and interpretation of our challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Lizzy! This is absolutely beautiful. I love LOVE the moving photo, so much! And I especially like the colors that you used to create your gorgeous work of art! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Love all your flowers. Thanks for joining us at MTW 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool page! The photo is so beautifully framed snd embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Lizzy,so creative ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!