Saturday, March 24, 2012

Can you help?

Hi.. I am just letting you know about what one of my blog friends is involved in at the moment...
Annette from Moment in Time is invovled in a charity and she is asking for us to do a ATC...
more details.....

Dear Friends

I am involved with the Be Uplifted Inc. charity, 
which raises funds to assist
  women & their families during diagnosis, treatment & recovery.
I have been asked to do some art work to be displayed 
in the oncology unit at a local Brisbane Hospital 
and I had a wonderful thought!!!! 
My thought was:
 'Would all my scrap booking friends & their friends be interested in making an 
ATC in PINK with an Uplifting Word or Quote on it???'
my objective is then to adhere them to a canvas or frame them behind glass for display.
As they will be glued down your names need to be separate
 so it can be added beneath your ATC. 
Patients will be able to read & admire these whilst they are going through their chemo treatment.
What do you think ??? Will you participate???
Anyone can join in local, interstate or international.
All participants need to do is: 
1. Leave a  comment in the comments box 
2. create an ATC in PINK, with an Uplifting Word or Quote by the 30th April.
3. Email me at annetteswv@gmail.com so I can give you my postal addy.
As May is the birthday month of Be Uplifted
I would love to have it framed and ready to present at our mid-May function.
On behalf of the Be Uplifted team
 I thank you for helping us to help others.
Annette 




So if anyone would like to be involved in this wonderful cause to create an ATC then please go to Annette's blog (the link is above..) and leave a comment and let her know you want to be involved and then email Annette and get her address so you can post off your ATC to her....
Thank you all so much!!




4 comments:

  1. What a cool cause, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to visit Annette now ~ fantastic idea & since one of my very close friends went through her cancer treatment in Brissy [I almost 'did' her for OUA...S:)] it's a little closer to the heart:):) THANKS for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fabulous idea Lizzie. I would love to contribute to this cause. I would also love help spread the word via our 'Compassionate Crafters' Facebook Page too, so I will send an email to Annette re this. Thanks for sharing about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous idea, going now on annette's blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!