Monday, December 29, 2014

OLW / Pixels and Paper, Scrap the Boys and Feeling Sketchy #111

Hello there, it has been a while, but I have a couple of things to put up that I created before Christmas.. I have enjoyed a lovely family holiday at the beach for the week of Christmas, and now I am home and trying to get back into some sort of routine again..
I trust you have had a special time over Christmas too..

I just had to pop into my scrap room and grab a bit of scrap time to de-stress leading up to Christmas week.. I am sure you are all nodding in agreement!! hehe..  So I had better get them up before the end of the month.. and EEKK the end of the year too... !!

I came across THIS BLOG - OLW and the word was RELEASE and I thought I would do an art journal page, art journalling can be so freeing and it is always fun to watch the pages develop.. I did have a bit of a plan though for this word RELEASE.. I kept thinking about the poem..." if you love something.. set it free... if it comes back it is yours, if it doesn't it never was...."
And I went with the inspiration picture from PIXELS AND PAPER which allow their challenge to be combined with another, and I used the colors from this amazing picture..
How beautiful!! I used the blue, the green, the pink and the purple colors.... and my pages...

closer views of the texture..lots of layers..

Release.. if you love something.. set it free..


And just a little tip.. for the hands and dove, I printed out the images and then put some acetate on top of the image and traced it out.. there was no way I could draw on top of all the texture with all the lumps and bumps.. I used clear helmars glue to stick it down.. worked well!!

And over at SCRAP THE BOYS this month they have a fabulous sketch.. I have used some really old Kaiser papers and a photo of my son when he was 2.. (Next year he is 30.....how did that happen...??)

The sketch..

and some closer views first.. I have fussy cut some images from the paper and layered them up with cardboard..

Love you to the moon and back...


And I needed a card for my Dd who turned 14 yesterday so I made one using the sketch from FEELING SKETCHY #111 which looks like..

 and my card...

(The stamp in the back ground is one of Gabrielle's)



Thanks so much for taking a moment to drop by, I hope you have a wonderful week.. If I am able I may get another challenge done for this month, but if I dont... then....I wish you all a .......


26 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects, Lizzy! Have a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art journal page is just beautiful Lizzy and the colours from our inspirational picture work so well here. Many thanks for playing along with us on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects Lizzy!! Love the colours and texture on the art journal page ... very 'arty'. Adore the layout, it is so cute and your card is stunning!! Absolutely love them all!! Thank you so much for your visits and lovely comments on my blog over the past year, I really appreciate your support. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed New Year!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work as always Lizzy!! Hope you have a fabuous new year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects! I hope you have a fabulous New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go, Missy!!!! And a nice variety you've been scrapping too...I'm so outta the loop I don't even have the current feeling sketchy design printed off to use!!!! I do love her card......those boy bits on your boys LO look fabulous --- & your journal page is a new fave....looooove the texture on the bg & the acetate bits look really great....thanks for the tips, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! What a fun variety of projects! You can do it! I am still reeling from Christmas. Had 28 here. Fun times. Love that boy page. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully detailed projects, Lizzy! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Best wishes to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work. I love the texture and colours of your art journal page and the layout of your son is just delightful. Doesn't time fly, hey? My eldest just turned 9. I'm still coming to terms with that. :)
    Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year as well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizzy I love your art journal page , the textures and colors are gorgeous! Your la is so sweet, yes, I treasure every moment because I know how fast our little ones grow! Wishing you a healthy Happy New Year! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful art journal page and a darling page about your DS. The card is a beauty too. Thanks for the inspiration and for all your support throughout 2014. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects,Love your art Journal Lizzy....the pretty colours .....just perfect! There is nothing like de-stressing in your craft room, I'm doing the same :) Happy Year x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic AJ page and brilliant take on the challenge. Thank tou for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper :) happy New year to you Lizzy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh...love the yummy textures on your journal pages Lizzy! And that bright and happy page featuring your son when he was 2!

    Happy New Year to you!

    P/s: You won my mixed media canvas giveaway! Please email your mailing details to me...yvonne.yam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for joining us at P&P love the art journal xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your journalling pages. The textures and background colours are fabulous! Thank you for the tips about the acetate. Thank you for playing along at Pixels and Paper. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your art journal page is so creative and so full of texture...I love it. The page you made just makes me feel happy. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing along at STB :) love all the details in your super fun page!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful art journalling!! Thanks for playing along with us on Pixels and Paper. I like your LO and card also

    ReplyDelete
  20. May 2015 be a brilliant year for you Lizzy! Lots of scrapping & good times.

    What a gorgeous card for us at Feeling Sketchy...bet your daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always love visiting your blog and seeing your diverse creations.
    The art journal page really drew me in - love the texture and use of colour, and thanks for the great tip about using acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your take on the sketch and time flies fast. Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic projects, Lizzy! You did an awesome job with all the challenges. So cool how you experiment with different styles to go with the message and meaning of your work. I absolutely love the "Love You to the Moon" page with all those fun little space aliens and rockets and planets! I hope you'll come play at CSI when you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your take on our sketch at Scrap the Boys Lizzy! The papers are fabulous, and I love all the fussy cutting! (And I agree time goes too fast.) Thanks for playing along with us at STBs and happy new year! X

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love your take on the word "Release." I hope you'll join us again at One Little Word, for "Sing!"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty card ! Thanks for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!